Family Business Transitions Fall 2022
Marriott Marina del Rey, CA
Connect with other multigenerational family businesses and experts in a “safe harbor” environment to openly share real-life issues and challenges with other families.
The past 40 years have seen a growing emphasis on professionalizing the family business as well as the members of the family who own the business. You’ve professionalized your operations by hiring key non-family team members and upgrading your systems. You’ve professionalized the family with family councils and other governance structures.
- Speakers from family companies: Our focus is on speakers from family enterprises, sharing real-life problems and solutions.
- Intimate, open environment: Limited attendance, and a private “safe harbor” environment in which to openly share challenges and opportunities with other families.
- Collaborative discussions: Opportunities to work through family issues via guided discussions.
- No-Sell environment: Conference sponsors understand and commit to participating as thought leaders and experts, and are restricted from actively selling their products and services.
- Peer Groups: Attendees get the opportunity to engage in small working groups with an indsutry expert facilitating the session. This is a tech-free place for you to share stories, resources and experiences in a confidential environment with other family businesses. YOu even get to select the topic you want to address most in our pre-conference questionnaire, so you can be sure to get the most out of your experience.
- Networking with families like yours: Hosted networking, opening reception, meals, breaks and workshops are all designed to allow you to meet many family enterprise attendees.
- Family focus: Brought to you by family-owned Family Business Magazine. We use family-owned or family-controlled hotels, transportation services, restaurants and service providers whenever possible. We believe in, and invest in, America’s family businesses.
Policy and Taxation Group is the leading information, education and advocacy organization working for the reduction and ultimate elimination of estate, gift, and generation skipping transfer taxes, and other taxes that punish hard work and success. Our Mission is to challenge hostile tax policies that meaningfully and measurably impact families and limit the ability of family businesses to remain family owned. We work with Congress in Washington DC against high Income Tax Rates, possible elimination of Valuation Discounts, increase in Capital Gains Tax, enactment of a Wealth Tax, and the continued burden of the Estate Tax (death tax), and the possible elimination of Step up in Basis.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this article. While you’re here, we have a small favor to ask…
As we prepare for what promises to be a pivotal year for America, we’re asking you to consider becoming a supporter.
The need for fact-based reporting of issues important to multi generational businesses and protecting a lifetime of savings has never been greater. Now more than ever, multi generational businesses and family businesses are under fire. That’s why Policy and Taxation Group is passionately working to increase the awareness of issues important to generationally-owned family businesses built on hard work, while continuing to strengthen our presence on Capitol Hill. Those issues include Step Up in Basis, gift tax, Valuation Discounts, Capital Gains Tax, Income Tax Rates, Wealth Tax, & Estate Tax (death tax).
@FamilyEnterpriseUSA @PolicyAndTaxationGroup @DitchTheEstateTax #FamilyBusiness #Business #SmallBiz #EstateTax #Deathtax #CapitalGainsTax #StepUpInBasis #Taxes #gifttax #Generationskippingtax #InheritanceTax #repealestatetax #promotefamilybusinesses #taxLegislation #AdvocatingForFamilyBusinesses #incometax #Generationallyowned #Multigenerationalbusiness