Hosted by Family Enterprise USA, our presenter is Mark E. Lingerfield, MPI.
Mark is a Partner at MPI and is based in the firm’s Princeton office. He is responsible for client service and business development strategies in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Since joining MPI, Mark has determined the value of closely held securities of companies for a variety of purposes, including estate and gift taxes, income taxes, fairness opinions, stock purchase plans, buy-sell agreements, ownership succession, Employee Stock Ownership Plans, corporate and shareholder planning and S corporation conversions.
This webinar will include:
- Discussion of minority vs. enterprise values for privately-owned businesses, and differences in methodology for each.
- Why business valuation is required when doing complex estate planning for business owners.
- Typical issues raised by IRS for business valuations in gift/estate tax transactions.
- Issues with doing complex estate planning in anticipation of potential exit event.
- Exit planning process, and the role business valuation plays.
Policy and Taxation Group is your voice in Washington on economic freedom. We advocate for policies that allow American families to fully enjoy the economic liberties and benefits of a robust free market unique to our nation. For over 25 years, we have been the loudest voice in the nation’s capital on eliminating the death tax. This ill-conceived tax has a destructive impact on families, family businesses, job creation, and the national economy.
@FamilyEnterpriseUSA @PolicyAndTaxationGroup @DitchTheEstateTax #FamilyBusiness #Business #SmallBiz #EstateTax #Deathtax #CapitalGainsTax #StepUpInBasis #Taxes #gifttax #Generationskippingtax #InheritanceTax #repealestatetax #promotefamilybusinesses #taxLegislation #AdvocatingForFamilyBusinesses #incometax #Generationallyowned #Multigenerationalbusiness #taxseason #federaltaxpolicy #FamilyEnterpriseUSA #PolicyAndTaxationGroup #DitchTheEstateTax