Tuesday’s come-from-behind election victory for Scott Brown (R-MA) to Senator Ted Kennedy’s seat (D-MA) has changed the game on a number of issues on Capitol Hill, most notably health care reform, but it also will likely have ramifications for us as well. Over the past few days we have begun to reengage both Democratic leaders and our key allies to prepare for the fight that lies ahead in this especially complex political environment. At this point there is little certainty among Hill staff as to any expectations of how the House and Senate may proceed on estate tax reform. We are currently preparing ourselves, our legislative champions and our organizational allies to move quickly and intelligently as the issue takes shape. As you know, there is a lot at stake for our families, and we will continue to keep you informed as we gain additional insight and information.
How Can You Help?
Policy and Taxation Group is the best way for families, companies and individuals to support and impact the direction of the movement for estate tax relief. For information regarding contributions, please contact us.
- Budget Deficit
- Death Tax
- Estate Tax
- Estate Tax Horror Stories
- Family Businesses
- Family Enterprise USA
- In The News
- Income Tax
- Multi Generational Business
- Pat Soldano
- Policy And Taxation Group
- State by State Status
- Step-Up In Basis
- Tax Cuts
- Video Post
Death Tax & Estate Tax News
- [LAST CHANCE] Business Owner Survey
- Build Back Better Outlook. Taxation & Representation.
- Winning The War on The Wealthy
- Danger Ahead: Need to Watch Tax Proposals Damaging to Families, Family Enterprises
- [Survey] How Do You Hold Ownership of Your Family Business?
- A Proven Process for Recruiting and Retaining Top Family Enterprise Leadership Talent
- Saying It Out Loud, By Pat Soldano. June 2022.
- Treasury Department Fiscal Year 2023 Budget. Tax Policy Update.
- The one you’ve been waiting for… the Private Company Governance 2.0 Summit, June 15-17
- Tax & Financial Services Week Ahead. Tax Policy Update.
- How do you hold ownership of your family business or family office?