Tuesday’s come-from-behind election victory for Scott Brown (R-MA) to Senator Ted Kennedy’s seat (D-MA) has changed the game on a number of issues on Capitol Hill, most notably health care reform, but it also will likely have ramifications for us as well. Over the past few days we have begun to reengage both Democratic leaders and our key allies to prepare for the fight that lies ahead in this especially complex political environment. At this point there is little certainty among Hill staff as to any expectations of how the House and Senate may proceed on estate tax reform. We are currently preparing ourselves, our legislative champions and our organizational allies to move quickly and intelligently as the issue takes shape. As you know, there is a lot at stake for our families, and we will continue to keep you informed as we gain additional insight and information.
How Can You Help?
Policy and Taxation Group is the best way for families, companies and individuals to support and impact the direction of the movement for estate tax relief. For information regarding contributions, please contact us.
- Budget Deficit
- Death Tax
- Estate Tax
- Estate Tax Horror Stories
- Family Businesses
- Family Enterprise USA
- In The News
- Policy And Taxation Group
- State by State Status
- Step-Up In Basis
- Tax Cuts
- Video Post
Death Tax & Estate Tax News
- Webinar Replay: Introduction to Family Governance
- PATG Zoom on 9/22 Addressing Latest Tax Legislation – PATG Supporters Only
- IMPORTANT NEWS: Ways and Means Propose tax increases on Family Business and High Income Individuals
- Estate Tax Projects Within the Treasury’s 2021-2022 Priority Guidance Plan
- Senator Wyden Released Legislation: “Significant Changes To The Taxation Of Partnership Distributions, Allocations, And Gain Recognition Rules”
- Plan to Attend – Introduction to Family Governance Webinar
- Family Businesses Face Pandemic Challenges and Legislative Concerns
- Poll: How Long is Your Longest-Term Employee?
- National Poll Results: Do Legislators Listen to You?
- Register Now to Attend “Introduction to Family Governance” Webinar
- WATCH: Is Life Insurance A Solution For The Estate Tax?