Tuesday’s come-from-behind election victory for Scott Brown (R-MA) to Senator Ted Kennedy’s seat (D-MA) has changed the game on a number of issues on Capitol Hill, most notably health care reform, but it also will likely have ramifications for us as well. Over the past few days we have begun to reengage both Democratic leaders and our key allies to prepare for the fight that lies ahead in this especially complex political environment. At this point there is little certainty among Hill staff as to any expectations of how the House and Senate may proceed on estate tax reform. We are currently preparing ourselves, our legislative champions and our organizational allies to move quickly and intelligently as the issue takes shape. As you know, there is a lot at stake for our families, and we will continue to keep you informed as we gain additional insight and information.
How Can You Help?
Policy and Taxation Group is the best way for families, companies and individuals to support and impact the direction of the movement for estate tax relief. For information regarding contributions, please contact us.
Death Tax & Estate Tax News
- Join Us for the First 2021 Supporters Call on January 28th
- Summary of COVID-19 Relief Provisions Relevant to Local Governments
- Family Office Outlook 2021 Silicon Valley / Virtual Forum
- #FamilyFirst webcast with Pat Soldano
- A Family Business Tragedy
- Congress Passes Omnibus, COVID-19 Relief
- Taxation & Representation
- IRS Releases Priority Guidance Plan
- Alan Hirschfeld joins the Board of Directors of Policy and Taxation Group
- Results of FEUSA 2020 COVID- 19 survey and impact on Family Businesses
- VIDEO: Watch 6-minute video with Pat Soldano; “Tax Legislation Issues for Family Businesses”
- 2020 Election Results and Key Dates to Watch
- Neal and Brady Introduce Retirement Legislation
- VIDEO: Election 2020: Presidential Candidates’ Positions on Individual Tax Policies
- VIDEO: Election 2020 – Presidential Candidates’ Positions on Estate and Wealth Tax Policies
- VIDEO: Election 2020 – Safety and Healthy Workplace Tax Credit