Tuesday’s come-from-behind election victory for Scott Brown (R-MA) to Senator Ted Kennedy’s seat (D-MA) has changed the game on a number of issues on Capitol Hill, most notably health care reform, but it also will likely have ramifications for us as well. Over the past few days we have begun to reengage both Democratic leaders and our key allies to prepare for the fight that lies ahead in this especially complex political environment. At this point there is little certainty among Hill staff as to any expectations of how the House and Senate may proceed on estate tax reform. We are currently preparing ourselves, our legislative champions and our organizational allies to move quickly and intelligently as the issue takes shape. As you know, there is a lot at stake for our families, and we will continue to keep you informed as we gain additional insight and information.
How Can You Help?
Policy and Taxation Group is the best way for families, companies and individuals to support and impact the direction of the movement for estate tax relief. For information regarding contributions, please contact us.
Death Tax & Estate Tax News
- HEALS Act Comparison to HEROES Act and Current Law
- Family Business Report Presented to BNY Mellon Wealth Management Group
- Survey of Family Enterprises Reveals COVID-19 Is Still a Big Concern
- When cupcakes met COVID: How one family business pivoted to sweet success
- Business is ‘popping’ during the pandemic for fifth-generation popcorn company
- Trump Visits Guilford, Maine to Thank Puritan Employees
- Mother-daughter team draws on ‘wealth of experience’ to help clients through uncertain times
- Family business owners weigh in on taxes, regulation
- State News – Illinois
- COVID-19 & Capital Hill
- Getting America Open Again
- The Virus Is Vaporizing Tax Revenues, Putting States in a Bind
- Congress Moved Quickly to Pass Costly Aid Package
- How Did You Help During the Great Pandemic?
- State News – Georgia Republicans
- Campaign Trail – Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders