March 24, 2010 – This afternoon the House passed the Ways and Means Committee’s “Small Business and Infrastructure Jobs Tax Act”, which includes the provision limiting the usefulness of GRATs, by a vote of 246-178. The bill now heads to the Senate, where the timeline for potential action is uncertain. In the coming days we will be meeting with our allies in the Senate to determine the best strategy to challenge the provision and reduce the likelihood that estate tax revenue raisers will be included in legislation unrelated to the estate tax. As always, we will keep you posted.
How Can You Help?
Policy and Taxation Group is the best way for families, companies and individuals to support and impact the direction of the movement for estate tax relief. For information regarding contributions, please contact us.
- Budget Deficit
- Death Tax
- Estate Tax
- Estate Tax Horror Stories
- Family Businesses
- Family Enterprise USA
- In The News
- Income Tax
- Multi Generational Business
- Pat Soldano
- Policy And Taxation Group
- State by State Status
- Step-Up In Basis
- Tax Cuts
- Video Post
Death Tax & Estate Tax News
- Save The Date: July 27th Webinar Addressing Latest Tax Legislation – By Invitation Only
- Family Business Centers, Family Businesses Meet Capitol Hill Representatives
- [LAST CHANCE] Business Owner Survey
- Build Back Better Outlook. Taxation & Representation.
- Winning The War on The Wealthy
- Danger Ahead: Need to Watch Tax Proposals Damaging to Families, Family Enterprises
- [Survey] How Do You Hold Ownership of Your Family Business?
- A Proven Process for Recruiting and Retaining Top Family Enterprise Leadership Talent
- Saying It Out Loud, By Pat Soldano. June 2022.
- Treasury Department Fiscal Year 2023 Budget. Tax Policy Update.
- The one you’ve been waiting for… the Private Company Governance 2.0 Summit, June 15-17