March 24, 2010 – This afternoon the House passed the Ways and Means Committee’s “Small Business and Infrastructure Jobs Tax Act”, which includes the provision limiting the usefulness of GRATs, by a vote of 246-178. The bill now heads to the Senate, where the timeline for potential action is uncertain. In the coming days we will be meeting with our allies in the Senate to determine the best strategy to challenge the provision and reduce the likelihood that estate tax revenue raisers will be included in legislation unrelated to the estate tax. As always, we will keep you posted.
How Can You Help?
Policy and Taxation Group is the best way for families, companies and individuals to support and impact the direction of the movement for estate tax relief. For information regarding contributions, please contact us.
- Budget Deficit
- Death Tax
- Estate Tax
- Estate Tax Horror Stories
- Family Businesses
- Family Enterprise USA
- In The News
- Income Tax
- Multi Generational Business
- Pat Soldano
- Policy And Taxation Group
- State by State Status
- Step-Up In Basis
- Tax Cuts
- Video Post
- Webinar Replays
Death Tax & Estate Tax News
- 118th Congress Tax Agenda. Taxation & Representation.
- Saying It Out Loud, By Pat Soldano. November 2022.
- New Videos Reveal Difficulties, Successes in Transitioning to Next Generation, & Giving Back
- Post-Midterms Analysis
- PODCAST: “What Happened?” Midterm Elections – Winners and Losers
- PODCAST: 2022 Midterm Panel Post-Election Follow Up
- Is a For-Profit Family Office Right for You?
- Analysis of the Mid-Term Elections
- 2022 Midterms Post-Election Outlook and Analysis
- Save The Date: November 16th Webinar Talking About The Impact of Midterm Results – By Invitation Only
- WEBINAR REPLAY: Business Owners 2022 Family Business Survey Review