March 24, 2010 – This afternoon the House passed the Ways and Means Committee’s “Small Business and Infrastructure Jobs Tax Act”, which includes the provision limiting the usefulness of GRATs, by a vote of 246-178. The bill now heads to the Senate, where the timeline for potential action is uncertain. In the coming days we will be meeting with our allies in the Senate to determine the best strategy to challenge the provision and reduce the likelihood that estate tax revenue raisers will be included in legislation unrelated to the estate tax. As always, we will keep you posted.
How Can You Help?
Policy and Taxation Group is the best way for families, companies and individuals to support and impact the direction of the movement for estate tax relief. For information regarding contributions, please contact us.
- Budget Deficit
- Death Tax
- Estate Tax
- Estate Tax Horror Stories
- Family Business Caucus
- Family Businesses
- Family Enterprise USA
- In The News
- Income Tax
- Multi Generational Business
- Pat Soldano
- Policy And Taxation Group
- State by State Status
- Step-Up In Basis
- Tax Cuts
- Video Post
- Webinar Replays
Death Tax & Estate Tax News
- Family Business Leaders Share Insights at Congressional Caucus Meeting
- Tax Policy Updates, Tax-Reform Proposal, Proposed Rules, and More
- Protecting What You’ve Spent a Lifetime Building
- Register Now for Frank Luntz’s June 7 Webcast on the State of the Union
- Last Chance: Register Now for June 7 Supporters Webcast: See Frank Luntz on “Where Are We Now?”
- Caucus Sees Congressmen Schneider, Cuellar Focus on Family Business Awareness
- Is the IRS Preparing for Audit Storm Among High Net-Worth Individuals?
- Debt-Ceiling Deal Proposes Adjustment to IRS Funding and More
- Debt-Ceiling Deal Update, Bipartisan 1099-K Proposal, Supreme Court Ruling, and More
- Family Business Caucus Holds 2nd Meeting in House Budget Committee Room, May 2023
- Make Your Voice Heard: Contact Your Representatives Now