March 24, 2010 – This afternoon the House passed the Ways and Means Committee’s “Small Business and Infrastructure Jobs Tax Act”, which includes the provision limiting the usefulness of GRATs, by a vote of 246-178. The bill now heads to the Senate, where the timeline for potential action is uncertain. In the coming days we will be meeting with our allies in the Senate to determine the best strategy to challenge the provision and reduce the likelihood that estate tax revenue raisers will be included in legislation unrelated to the estate tax. As always, we will keep you posted.
How Can You Help?
Policy and Taxation Group is the best way for families, companies and individuals to support and impact the direction of the movement for estate tax relief. For information regarding contributions, please contact us.
- Budget Deficit
- Death Tax
- Estate Tax
- Estate Tax Horror Stories
- Family Business Caucus
- Family Businesses
- Family Enterprise USA
- Family Offices
- Generationally Owned Business
- In The News
- Income Tax
- Pat Soldano
- Policy And Taxation Group
- State by State Status
- Step-Up In Basis
- Successful Individuals
- Tax Cuts
- Video Post
- Webcast Replays
Death Tax & Estate Tax News
- WEBCAST: Hybrid Ownership Strategies Unveiled
- Give it away now? Today’s favorable estate tax is set to expire after 2025
- Saying It Out Loud, By Pat Soldano. February 2024.
- Prenups and Postnups: Safeguarding Your Business Amidst Love and Marriage
- Would You Like More Income Every Year?
- Taxation & Representation: IRS Commissioner to Face Possible Grilling
- Family Businesses Lag Behind Protecting Against Cyber Security Threats, Say EY Cyber and Family Business Experts
- 24 Hours to Register for Live Webcast: Safeguard Love & Business – Essential Planning Ahead.
- LIVE WEBCAST: Discover critical steps to shield your family business from the unforeseen challenges
- FEUSA Named New Regional Sponsor of Family Business Association of Calif.
- Tax Implications for Family Business Succession Planning in 2024 and Beyond