March 24, 2010 – This afternoon the House passed the Ways and Means Committee’s “Small Business and Infrastructure Jobs Tax Act”, which includes the provision limiting the usefulness of GRATs, by a vote of 246-178. The bill now heads to the Senate, where the timeline for potential action is uncertain. In the coming days we will be meeting with our allies in the Senate to determine the best strategy to challenge the provision and reduce the likelihood that estate tax revenue raisers will be included in legislation unrelated to the estate tax. As always, we will keep you posted.
How Can You Help?
Policy and Taxation Group is the best way for families, companies and individuals to support and impact the direction of the movement for estate tax relief. For information regarding contributions, please contact us.
Death Tax & Estate Tax News
- HEALS Act Comparison to HEROES Act and Current Law
- Family Business Report Presented to BNY Mellon Wealth Management Group
- Survey of Family Enterprises Reveals COVID-19 Is Still a Big Concern
- When cupcakes met COVID: How one family business pivoted to sweet success
- Business is ‘popping’ during the pandemic for fifth-generation popcorn company
- Trump Visits Guilford, Maine to Thank Puritan Employees
- Mother-daughter team draws on ‘wealth of experience’ to help clients through uncertain times
- Family business owners weigh in on taxes, regulation
- State News – Illinois
- COVID-19 & Capital Hill
- Getting America Open Again
- The Virus Is Vaporizing Tax Revenues, Putting States in a Bind
- Congress Moved Quickly to Pass Costly Aid Package
- How Did You Help During the Great Pandemic?
- State News – Georgia Republicans
- Campaign Trail – Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders