March 24, 2010 – This afternoon the House passed the Ways and Means Committee’s “Small Business and Infrastructure Jobs Tax Act”, which includes the provision limiting the usefulness of GRATs, by a vote of 246-178. The bill now heads to the Senate, where the timeline for potential action is uncertain. In the coming days we will be meeting with our allies in the Senate to determine the best strategy to challenge the provision and reduce the likelihood that estate tax revenue raisers will be included in legislation unrelated to the estate tax. As always, we will keep you posted.
How Can You Help?
Policy and Taxation Group is the best way for families, companies and individuals to support and impact the direction of the movement for estate tax relief. For information regarding contributions, please contact us.
- Budget Deficit
- Death Tax
- Estate Tax
- Estate Tax Horror Stories
- Family Business Caucus
- Family Businesses
- Family Enterprise USA
- In The News
- Income Tax
- Multi Generational Business
- Pat Soldano
- Policy And Taxation Group
- State by State Status
- Step-Up In Basis
- Tax Cuts
- Video Post
- Webinar Replays
Death Tax & Estate Tax News
- Transform Your Family’s Financial Future with Modern Trust Designs
- Census Report Fuels Child Tax Credit Debate and More Updates
- Saying It Out Loud, By Pat Soldano. September 2023.
- Discover the Secrets to Safeguarding Your Family’s Financial Future – Join Our Webcast!
- Make an Impact: Contact Your Representatives to Join The Congressional Family Business Caucus!
- Comprehensive Updates: Government, Health Care, and Immigration
- How Can Philanthropy Build the Next Generation’s Financial Skills?
- Nasser Watar Joins Family Enterprise USA Board of Directors
- Cybersecurity is No Longer Optional, It’s a Necessity
- Congressional Deadline Looms: What to Expect for Fiscal Year 2024
- Register Now for Webcast Starting at 12P PT: Philanthropic Strategies for Successful Families